About Me

Currently cheating on London with Melbourne, United Kingdom

Wednesday 22 December 2010

Top 10 albums of 2010

Now the lads in the office set the task of everyone what their top 1o albums of the year were. Bearing in mind they're all terribly cool, and I'm the poptastic, camp-electro loving runt of the department, I have been somewhat apprehensive at telling them...

so instead, I shall tell you all what I've been mostly listening to this year:

No lies...I promise:

Rihanna - Loud

First things first, my girl crush of the year, and all round dancefloor OWNED record this year HAS to go to this young lady. Yes, that's right, Rihanna...you could quite happily turn me.



















Grum - Heartbeats

Not strictly a 2010 release, as the album first launched Q4 2009, but I only discovered them this year, so bear with me. 80's electo-tastic. Stand out tracks being 'Through the Night' and 'Can't Shake this Feeling'. They've got them some wicked videos too.


















Arcade Fire - The Suburbs

Amazing album, and award to live gig of the year also goes to these kids. Nearly cried, when sober at their gig in Dec at the O2...

Product pack shot for DigitalAlbum The Arcade Fire The Suburbs

American Anthems - Compilation

As mentioned, I'm not going to lie to you good people...this is an amazingly cheesy album, full of AOR classics...'Maniac' is a personal favourite...but this, undoubtedly, as at least one track on it for everyone...even if not just on sheer volume!


Two Door Cinema Club - Tourist History

Brilliant debut album from these boys...reminds me of summer each time I hear it. Happy go lucky, feel good pop...introduced to me from the ever so cool Kitsune Maison label. As always...Kitsune, you make me a better person.


Kitsune Maison 8 - Compilation

As mentioned, Kitsune have introduced me to some of my favourite tunes, and it would be criminal for me not to add this compilation as it gave me Parallels 'Find the Fire' possibly one of my favourite singles...ever...


Harlem - Hippies

Bit of a surprise one here for you kids, but an amazing album. Like a cool Beach Boys for the noughties...will definitely been chilling to a bit of this on the beach in Oz.


Kitsune vs. Ponystep - Compilation

Yes, another shameless Kitsune name-check here...but please, if you only choose to listen to one compilation listen to this...it's the one thing that gets me through a job down the canal...and that's no mean feat...you.just.can't.help.but.dance...


She and Him -Volume 2

Another possible surprising one here from me...but I love these cutesy albums from She and Him. Listening to them make me feel a bit more ladylike...altho...I don't think just listening to the album is going to do it...


Hurts - Happiness

Yes, a name-check must go to Sandy Pandy for this one. Although the album hasn't lit me on fire in quite the same way as Pandy, it truely is a 80s, camp-tastic, pop masterpiece...

A brilliant debut album from these two...no doubt big things are expected for the second...


Lastly (there's always one for luck...)

Daft Punk - Tron

Some people have been EXTREMELY snobby about this, but I LOVE it. Everything a soundtrack should be and more...'Derezzed' is a work of genius...nuff said...




So there you have it...my top 10 albums of the year...not critically acclaimed...but what I've honestly been listening to all year...

x

1 comment:

  1. Not strictly a 2010 list, breaking the rules as usual Strings!

    There was a Kitsune 9 this year as 8 was 2009 - also two comps in there and a soundtrack.... Reckless! ; )

    ReplyDelete